As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, BFS and its many programs are funded with a mix of admission fees, program sponsorships, and tax-deductible contributions from individuals and businesses. BFS also is supported by grant funding, including a FY2023 grant from the Maine Arts Commission, an independent state agency supported by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Essential to the BFS budget are the Annual Appeal gifts made throughout our fiscal year (Jan.1-Dec.31). Donating to BFS is easy (and tax deductible!) As we raise $20,000 from 200 donors, we welcome your support in 2023!
- Checks don’t cost BFS any fees ~ Belfast Flying Shoes, 93 Kaler Rd., Belfast, ME 04915
- Credit card, Debit card, or PayPal online
- Venmo @belfast-flying-shoes
- Paul Brown
- Margo Burnham
- Morgan Cafferata
- Andrea & Ken Chartier
- Steve Clement
- Meredith Creswell
- Sandy Davis
- Anne Dreesen
- Annadeene Fowler
- Chrissy Fowler
- Chrissy Fowler*
- Tom Fowler
- Greta Gulezian
- Michelle Henkin
- Janet Houghton
- Kenneth Kornfield
- Sandy Lord
- Alex Mann
- Alessandra Martinelli
- Paul McKechnie
- Valerie & Greg Mekras
- Victoria Mekras#
- Steve Norman
- John Pranio
- Toki Oshima
- Bucky & Sue Owen
- Toby Stover*
- Ethan Tischler
- Ted Waldron
- Kay Zegel
A contribution was made in memory of (#) this person | in honor of (*) this person.
2023 Program Partners, Grantors & Sponsors:
The Anonimo Foundation
- Maine Coastal Regional Reentry Center
- The Holt Family Fund of the Maine Community Foundation
What did our community tell us in 2022?
- We feel that not only your Belfast dances but your outreach programs are an important part of our Mid-Coast community.
- “When I dance I cannot judge, I cannot hate. I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, and that is why I dance.” (quoting Hans Bos)
- Oh Belfast Flying Shoes, I remember when you were born and look how you’ve grown! Kudos to you all for adapting and continuing to spread joy through music and dance far and wide!
- I hope this donation helps you all get to where you want to be. I know where I want to be is at the next dance you are hosting. I wish I lived closer to Belfast, but once a month the travel is worth it.
- Dance ~ Smile ~ Love ~ That’s it!
- All of you on the BFS Board are awesome!!!! I so much appreciate all you do. You’ve kept all our Hearts dancing. We KNOW we will all dance again soon, and what a party of joy it will be!
- Bravo for the wonderful radio hour. I listened this evening; it was great! I was quite late to the show, so I found it in the on-demand archives. I’m glad I did.